Evidence Based Workgroup
In April 2008, the Evidence Based Workgroup met to address the needs of Utah Prevention. As a requirement of the Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant, all the interventions provided with SPF SIG funding must be considered “evidence based.” To truly meet the varying needs of the individual communities, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) released a publication that outlined the guidelines for deeming an intervention as evidence based.
In April 2009, the Evidence Based Workgroup released a summary of the SAMHSA document as well as a checklist for organizations to use. If an organization wants to have their program recognized as evidence based, these three documents will guide the organization through the approval process.
If you have questions, please contact Tricia Winder email@example.com 801-538-4406.
- The Anti Drug (Office of National Drug Control Policy)
- Prevention Platform
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Center for Application of Substance Abuse Technologies
- Center for Application of Prevention Technologies
- Higher Education Center for AOD Abuse and Violence Prevention
- Brain scans, studies
- Western Center for Applied Prevention Technology (WestCAPT)
- Prescription Pain Management and Education (Health Department)
- Connected Communities
- CSAP Prevention Pathways - Online Courses