SAMHIS Project Status Report
Prepared by: Brad Loveland
Report Date: 03/23/2006 Revision 1.0
The objective of this project is to create a website that Providers (Mental Health and Substance Abuse providers) can use to upload their quarterly files to DSAMH on the web. Three file formats will be uploaded; Mental Health file format, TEDS Admission file format and the TEDS Discharge file format. Provider File Validation will take place on each file prior to upload to ensure that it meets general field requirements before loading it to DSAMH. The SAMHIS system will validate all fields in the file and then load the data into the database for analysis and reporting. The website and all communication will comply with HIPAA and 42CFR data security requirements. The system will perform multiple levels of data validation and then apply the HLCI (high level client indicator) to each identifiable row in the data warehouse. Aggregate data (non-identifiable data) will be moved to the department data warehouse and used for reporting purposes.
1. Attended and discussed new SAMHIS system with Providers.
2. Reviewed meeting notes and applied them to project.
3. Spent time with Casey on project.
Major Accomplishments This Period
1. Attended Provider meeting.
2. E-mails with Gene regarding UMD interface and Sybase database requirements.
3. Reviewed project with Casey and discussed Provider meeting impact on project with Stuart.
4. Received database design requirements from DTS (Kevin Woodruff) and reviewed them.
Planned Activities for Next Period
1. Review and Update Project Scope document with Dori.
2. Review UMD java classes.
3. Continue work defining the validation rules for each field in a Requirement and Analysis specification.
4. Determine future use of HLCI and determine if we can send a file back to the Providers with that number so future file uploads will contain the HLCI number.
5. Have a meeting with Team to discuss TEDS data validations.
6. Review all TEDS business rules in specification.
7. Get with Gene and set a date to meet with the HLCI team.
8. Get HLCI documentation and review it.
Issues Requiring DSAMH Management Attention:
Work Hour Reporting
Hours (March 13-March 19, 2006)
|3/17/2006||1||Review project and start analysis work with Casey and Stuart.|
|3/14/2006||8||Provider Contract meeting in Provo, status report, website graphic files, on CF card.|
|3/13/2006||.5||Update home page with new deadlines.|
|3/17/2006||.5||Review project requirements with Brad.|
|Date||Hours||Task||3/14/2006||5.5||Provider Contract meeting in Provo.|